Encolpion Triptych Akimov 104.251 «Psalm 90»
- For Europe - $35
- For USA - $58
- For Australia - $72
- Worldwide - from $30
- Cash on delivery
- Visa and MasterCard
- Сashless payments
12 months warrantyGuarantee for all purchased goods in our online store is 12 months.
SMS notificationYou receive SMS messages about each stage of your order.
Return and exchange - no problemYou can return the items purchased within 14 days. The goods must be in normal condition and have all the factory packages.
Different payment methodsPay orders in convenient ways: cash to the courier, by bank transfer on the receipt of the bank or by credit card right at the time of the order.
Best priceWe are proud of our prices, hundreds of customers check them every day, which give a choice to our online store!
"Psalm 91 (Psalm 90 in Greek numbering) is called “The song of praise by David”, but is better known by its first line “Whoso dwelleth under the defence of the Most High” (or “Qui Habitat…”, in Latin), and as the Psalm of Protection. That is an ancient poetical masterpiece, master’s edification for a disciple the meaning of which – by A.P. Lopuchin’s interpretation (“Anchor Bible”) – can be summarized by the following:
“Who lives on faith and trust in God, will find in Him a defender shielding from all misfortunes and evils of life (1-6). Even military attacks of enemies will not do harm: all the enemies will die (7-8). Since you selected God to be your refuge, He will guard you tough His Angels (9-13). Any pray of such a righteous person will be heard by the Lord Who will praise him/her and «satisfy with long life» (14-16)”.
In Russia the Psalm was read in diseases, and in sorrows; in troubles, and dangers; during enemies’ invasion; worn as a talisman. Soldiers copied it by hand, sewed in outerwear and wore on the bosom. There was also a tradition of wearing guard belts with embroidered text of the Psalm 91.
In this tiny book the text is given in the Church Slavonic language, strictly according to canon, and we with pleasure give in the language of King James Bible:
1. WHOSO dwelleth under the defence of the most High: shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2. I will say unto the Lord, Thou art my hope, and my strong hold: my God, in him will I trust.
3. For he shall deliver thee from the snare of the hunter: and from the noisome pestilence.
4.He shall defend thee under his wings, and thou shalt be safe under his feathers: his faithfulness and truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5. Thou shalt not be afraid for any terror by night: nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6. For the pestilence that walketh in darkness: nor for the sickness that destroyeth in the noon-day.
7. A thousand shall fall beside thee, and ten thousand at thy right hand: but it shall not come nigh thee.
8. Yea, with thine eyes shalt thou behold: and see the reward of the ungodly.
9. For thou, Lord, art my hope: thou hast set thine house of defence very high.
10. There shall no evil happen unto thee: neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11. For he shall give his angels charge over thee: to keep thee in all thy ways.
12. They shall bear thee in their hands: that thou hurt not thy foot against a stone.
13.Thou shalt go upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou tread under thy feet.
14. Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him up, because he hath known my Name.
15. He shall call upon me, and I will hear him: yea, I am with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and bring him to honour.
16. With long life will I satisfy him: and shew him my salvation."
No posts found